There is nothing quite like finding the perfect finishing touch to your outfit. It brings a level of confidence to your day that is simply unmatched. A perfect accessory is one that is both fashionable and functional. A true balance of functionality and fashion can be found in a good pair of boots. Boots are traditionally made of rubber or leather, though they are now made from a large variety of materials depending on brand and style. All throughout history, boots can be seen in various facets. They provide more coverage than other types of footwear, making them safer for the wearer. Boots also come in many varieties. Some cover just the ankle, some boots go up the calf, or even up further on the thigh. It is in the large variety that you can find your true fashion match.
Popular Boot Styles
Boots are one of the few fashion accessories that are unisex and widely available in all kinds of styles. It's easy to find the perfect pair to go with your outfit that meets your fashion and functional needs.
- Cold Weather Boots - Sometimes it's necessary to put comfort over fashion. Luckily with boots, even in the coldest of weather, you can achieve a fashionable ensemble without sacrificing warmth. Thick, cushioned linings and a variety of weatherproof exteriors allow you to put your best cozy foot forward.
- Combat Boots - Perhaps one of the oldest styles of boots, combat boots are sure to make a statement. Originally designed for soldiers, they had a resurgence in the '90s grunge era and have remained popular. The lace-up leather adds an edge of rebellion to any outfit.
- Tall Boots - The ultimate statement piece, tall boots are a must for any wardrobe. Modeled after the riding boots worn by equestrians, tall boots are ideal for any casual or professional ensemble. Tall boots can even be found in wide-calf sizes, making them attainable for all.
- Moto Boots - While tall boots go up to the knee, moto boots come to mid-calf for a more subtle and hardened look. Usually made of leather with a short, chunky heel, moto boots were designed for motorcyclists. With buckles, zippers, and clips, they add an interesting element to any outfit.
- Ankle Boots - No other boot is as versatile as the ankle boot. Ankle boots, as their name suggests, come up to your ankle. They usually have a zipper or lace-up closures. The materials are endless, everything from full coverage suede to strappy leather. There is an ankle boot for every mood and occasion.
Getting Boots at a Bargain
With so many designs of boots available, it's easy to get carried away in collecting them. This is why it's important to search for deals and bargains as much as possible. Finding boots at a bargain is not difficult if you know where to look.
- Online Shopping - The easiest way to find deals is online shopping. Searching for boots online allows you to compare prices. Most online stores have free memberships available. You can receive discount codes and sales advertisements straight to your email. Additionally, many stores offer clearance items online that they do not have available in store.
- Second hand Stores - There are oftentimes hidden gems in many second hand stores. A lot of boot styles, such as cold weather boots, are only worn for a few months of the year. Many people wear them for one season or less and donate their boots. If you don't mind a little hunting, and picking through other eclectic treasures, you can find designer boots at a small fraction of their original cost.
- Outlet Stores - Outlet stores and factory outlet stores are where manufacturers sell their product directly to the public. If you are uneasy with buying used at second hand stores, you can also find deals at these outlets. These stores usually sell products from the previous season. However, when you are searching for classic boot styles, they really never go out of style.